Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 4 - and what a day it was!

This is gonna be as short as possible because I am TIRED.

7:30 - we all leave for my parents' so I can go garage saling with my mom and my dad will watch the 3 kids. Ave hasn't peed yet and says she doesn't have to. Diaper was wet overnight, but not soaked. By 8 my mom and I are out the door and hitting the sales....

10am - we're back and Avery still hasn't gone. She tried for grandpa but "no water came out". We decided to all go to Des Moines so I told Avery she HAD TO put her pee in the potty so we could go. By 11am she had GONE and everyone was so proud!! We were on our way to Des Moines. I decide she will stay in panties.

2pm - we're in Menards (like Home Depot) and Avery has to go. She signs "potty" to me and so I take her. After one failed attempt, we go again, and she GOES!!! On a big potty in a community bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!! She goes a lot!!! We are so proud.

5pm - we're in the restaurant and Avery doesn't want to get into her highchair. VERY strange. And it dawns on me - she doesn't want to sit because she's wet or poopy. She admits to being poopy, so James takes her to the bathroom with the already prepared change of clothes (thank goodness for Gymboree and their mix and match stuff - we only have to change bottoms!). They're back and we start eating.....

we're getting close to being finished (except for me and James because we've been up and down 300000 times for demanding kids and crybaby Declan) and Caden starts to vomit. And he pukes, and pukes and PUKES for the next 2 solid minutes. It's INSANE. POOR BABY!!!!!! So we finally get that all cleaned up and everyone goes out except me and James who try to finish up eating.....

7:15 - back at my parents and getting everyone ready to head home to their own homes. I wasn't inside the house, but apparently Avery peed on the floor there. Lots of chaos going on. We head home and she tries to go on the potty once again, but "can't". So now she's in a diaper and in bed....

Today wasn't super successful, but we were busy and in lots of different places. So all in all, it was good for day 4! I'm just amazed at how infrequently she goes....

Let's hope tomorrow is more low-key. Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome mothers I know!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Poor Caden! He's just having a hard week! Give him hugs for me!