Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's IDENTICAL twin GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or at least they are 99% sure, lol. After figuring out they were both girls, then they started looking for placentas. At my last u/s with them they said 2 placentas. Today - just one so the tech figured she didn't see it right last time. The perinatologist came and and looked - again, both girls and one placenta. I was praying for a girl and then to get two, hooray!!!! They do have separate sacs, but they said the membrane between them is "thin and flimsy". I have absolutely no idea what that means, or if that's good or bad, or how exactly they can tell they are identical already, but I figure a perinatologist knows what he's talking about! They are measuring nearly identically at this point, within an ounce of each other which is very good - twins who share one placenta often have more issues or could have more possible issues, so we'll be watching that closely (twin to twin transfusion is the biggest worry). Anatomically everything looks perfect and I am just excited now!! IDENTICAL TWIN GIRLS, omgoodness, I see oodles of matching Gymboree!!!!!!

15 comments:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That is so exciting!! Congratulations!!

Anxious AF said...

WOW! How far along are you now? Close to 24 weeks???? After Alex Im all over high risk stuff, and know about twin to twin transfusion.
HOW EXCITING!

angie said...

YEAH!!!! Oh, that is SO exciting!!! WOW! I can't tell you how many times I've checked your blog today:). CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Brouwer Family said...

Awesome!!! Bring on the purple and pink. I am so incredibly happy for you!

Michelle said...

oh wow oh wow oh wow!!! I'll bet Avery is just so excited! Or is she disappointed cause she was wrong? LOL

Jen said...

Yippee!! I'll be hitting the backroom for them. . . :-)

Tena said...

I'm 18 weeks today. Avery is excited! I thought she'd argue with me on it but she just said, "ok!" and that was that!

Tarah Peacock said...

Oh my! How exciting, I am so happy for you. I think you will have so much fun with twin girls!

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

Tena, how exciting! Girls rock. My cousin is having twin girls next week. Enjoy the shopping and picking out some great names! I saw your naming criteria on FB! I of course think Leah is a great choice! . . .or Serah or Selah. OH i love talking baby names!

Micah and Kelly said...

Congratulations, Tena! That is very exciting news!!

Jana said...

Oh, my word!!! I'm excited for you. Two little girls...wow!

Cindy said...

That's soooo exciting! What a wonderful blessing!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I just saw two identical twin girls at the park and thought how sweet that would be. So happy for you... And happy everything is looking good.

The Peacock Family said...

Do you have any name ideas?

MusicalMom said...

At my 20-week routine ultrasound on Friday, I found out I am having identical twin girls as well!