Sunday, March 01, 2009

If I had to be honest...

and I know this is always the best policy, I'd tell you that I am already shopping pink and subsequently hunting down the matching pieces to coordinate. So help me if a penis shows up on the next ultrasound. Shopping is my therapy. It is what helps me to focus and think and process and all of that. It may sound bizarre to some of you but it truly grounds me. Honesty again - I used to use shopping as a way to make myself feel better about things, anything. I would shop so that I could have nice things and feel better about myself. I shopped for all kinds of reasons, none of which had anything to do with me actually NEEDING stuff. But I have worked through that with some help and I am glad to say that I can still enjoy shopping without having it be something I'm addicted to. (Mt. Dew on the other hand is a totally different story.)

I am a pretty avid onliner. So I belong to several message boards, some huge, some very small. Some of my best friends I feel are online, people I've never met but I've already witnessed that they would do anything in their power to help me out and they pray for me and all of that. It's pretty neat. And then there are the huge message boards, where people don't get to know you as intimately but they have their advantages as well - namely the huge board I am on that is dedicated to Gymboree clothing. If you know me, you know I like that brand. But what's so awesome about this board is there's a huge Buy/Sell/Trade section and I get nearly 100% of my kids' clothes here at garage sale prices, yes, even including shipping. And it's so huge that I can buy one outfit for the twins that I love, then put up an ISO (In Search Of) for another of the same outfit and chances are, I will find it and get it, both for less than I might pay for one outfit at Wal-Mart. The thrill of the hunt is really what this board is about (plus there are some awesome gals there who do super sweet things for you) and I enjoy it! It's like a garage sale right on the screen, changing every minute.

I know people have asked me how I can afford Gymboree, etc. Truth be told, I can't afford Gymboree if you're talking about going in to the store and shopping from the racks. But who can't afford garage sales? Honestly, I can't afford to pass it up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to hoping there is no penis on the next ultrasound. ha ha. I am still so excited for you. Two twin girls.WOW..

Cindy said...

I'd love to have the link to the Gymboree messageboard...!

Kelly said...

I like to shop too! We never found out what we were having both times we were pregnant. I told everyone that I can resist yellow and green, but if I knew what we were having I would spend way too much money before the baby was born!! The gymbo site sounds awesome!! Happy shopping! Kelly F

Jen said...

GF rocks! LOL! Kinda funny that's how us Dutch gals met. :-) I've got my SM hunting for preemie girl summer 08 stuff in the backroom.

Michelle said...

Ok now, you're descriptions are enough to make me jealous! That must be so much fun! You should post the link to the messageboard for Gymboree!