Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ahhhh bedtime.

It's 7:51 here and I have all the kids to bed. Avery and Declan are asleep (Ave seems to be under the weather today, running a temp and everything), Caden is "reading books" in his crib. I can just picture him, holding them up to show you the pictures the way his teachers do and emphatically sounding all kinds of tough sounds out. It's beyond cute. Not only are the kids in bed, I've just had a shower and am now consuming extraordinary amounts of calories while blogging. And that, my friends, is the hilarious part. No, not the calories, the showering. Would you like to know why? Perhaps this will be funny only to James...

I showered this morning, too!!!!!!!!! Now most of you are thinking, "good for you Tena, you're cleanly today!" but seriously. I never shower twice in one day. NEVER. I used to when I was going to the gym regularly (don't tell the elipticals there what I am consuming at the computer) but not now. So why did I? Because I am so stinking messed up without James here and any sense of time that I had no recollection of doing it this morning! Here's where you can laugh your donkey off at me. It was only when my hair was soaked that I remembered doing it this morning. Good glory, it's been one of those days.

Actually, it's been pretty good. Started off with a LOVELY neighbor-man skidloading in the field next to us starting about 6:30. Not such a big deal, except that the skidloader has the REVERSE BEEPING NOISE enabled. Who gives me a $20 to send him a smack via USPS? Of course the kids were up, so we soon headed in to town to grab mommy an iced vanilla coffee from McDonalds. I was going to look up the calorie count in one of those bad boys but I truly do not want to know. Then we went to my parents, where they watched the kids so I could go sell $65 worth of Avery's Gymboree clothing to a gal I met via Craigslist. Score! After that I headed home with Avery and Declan (so he could nap) and we left Caden at my parents but traded them for my neice N. She helped watch Avery so I could vacuum up the never-ending swarm of flies in the bonus room above the garage. We're going to have to go to one of those industrial fly catcher things they make for barns and such. Because otherwise, it would look like the freakin' 4th of July with 10000000 yellow fly strips hanging patriotically from the rafters. It's BAD in there folks, take my word for it. After that I hit up my parents for free food again and then we came back home for bedtime and shower time for Miss Can't Remember and now I'm here!!!

I know, that was boring for me too, but thanks for making it this far. After typing all of that, Caden is now quiet as well so I think I am 3:3. Wait no, I just heard him again. Regardless, he'll be out soon and all will be quiet except for the peck, peck, peck of keyboard keys. James always knows when I hit backspace and starts laughing. It's a good thing I'm fairly decent at typing anymore, otherwise his jaw would be sore. And that ends the randomness for the day. MUCH LOVE!

5 comments:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

Tena-
You crack me up! :-P

Anonymous said...

Seriously. I am laughing at my computer .. Even with my flu symptoms and all.. That is so funny. At least your hair is clean..

Terri H-E said...

Two showers on Saturday means you get a free pass one day this week! Yahoo. I get like that when Michael is gone - I am in such a frenzy to ensure all is done that we end up finished with dinner, in our jammies by 5:45pm some nights... I feel like I can only do it all if I stay in hyperdrive. It all gets done, just not at the right intervals, and sometimes some gets done twice! Cheers, Cleanie Cleanerson.

Michelle said...

That is sooo funny! 2 showers in 1 day because you forgot! What a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tena, Wanted to see how you and your gang was doing. My how Declan has grown. Love the hair in the picture. Just passing through and saying hi.

Suzanne(alkelsmom)