Friday, December 28, 2007

Wow, this is really sad!

A new post every 10 days or so, how do you like that? LOL! Lots has happened in the past 9 days, just no new baby yet. We'll try to update as soon as he arrives (yes, HE). Let's see...I've been in the ditch with Avery and Caden in the backseat, did I tell you about that? That was embarrassing and fun, though very short-lived which was a blessing. The 2 vehicles behind me that witnessed it pulled me right out so thank God for them! Long story short, we lost control a bit (James thinks from hitting a rut or something - it was 100% ice on the gravel roads) and I corrected once, then started skidding the OTHER way and panic-breaked, which sent the car completely around and into the ditch facing backwards. From the backseat Miss Avery pipes up - "Mommy? Where we at?" Ahh, outta the mouths of babes. I told her we were in the ditch and she said, "Oh, can you turn the music up?" I guess she was really rattled, huh?

We've had a good Christmas, though it's now the 28th and our kids still haven't opened the gifts from James and me or the gifts that came anonymously at 9:15 on Christmas Eve. That was a HUGE blessing - yes, we know who you are and you will be thanked, but wow, we've never been so touched in our lives. We plan to do that tonight as a family...

I'd write more but my FIL is here installing our new railing/balcony and little 3 year old girl doesn't like the noise, so we need to head downstairs to pacify her. How was your Christmas?

1 comment:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

Tena-
glad that you are all okay after the accident. I am happy that your family had a wonderful Christmas. Our holidays have been very nice this year also. We have so much to be grateful for don't we? I can't wait to hear when the new baby boy gets here!
Love from IL!
Myssie