Wednesday, July 07, 2010

About to lose my cool...

I just posted this on a message board I frequent. Enjoy the peek into my life...

I feel like a pretty even-keel person, but with James' new job it's later hours in coming home. It's 7pm and he is not even home yet. I am about to blow a gasket at my kids I swear it. My 7yo is special needs so developmentally he is about 2-3 years ago. He and my 2yo fight like you WOULD NOT believe. The "mine!" "no, MINE!" is enough to drive me to drink. My 7yo doesn't have many words but of course MINE happens to be one of them. Right now my 2yo is SCREAMING outside their bedroom door because my oldest is supposed to be in bed (I sent him there before I NEARLY popped him one) and he is not in bed. I am on here just typing because if I don't I will say or do something I will later regret. Add to the mix my 5yo DD who is hollering "mommmmmmmmmmmmy, the boys are hurting my ears!" at the top of her ever-loving lungs. She should know better but I expect too much of her sometimes. And all of this is happening within feet of the twins' bedroom door - they are having their bottles in bed and trying to go ni-night.

This all started over a stupid Clifford book that no one could share.

Sometimes I get SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrated at my 7yo and his lack of understanding. He pesters just to pester at times (typical boy, I know) and it just drives me up the proverbial wall. With school being out I feel like I am FOREVER telling him no to something or telling him to stop pinching, stop hitting, keep your hands to yourself. It's SO hard to have a meaningful, fun experience with him and I'm sad.

Ok. In the time it took me to type that all is quiet. I needed the breather. Thank you for letting me vent. Off to start tackling bedtime in a bit. (And no, I am not mad at James for working longer, but this time of day is just HARD. The kids haven't even seen him yet today. But the poor guy got out to his car after work and the battery was dead! He's had "one of those days" as well I guess.)

3 comments:

Mark and Valerie Brandt said...

I think kids in general are just hard. There are days when i sit in the chair and they are sweet as candy and let me read my book or drink my coffee, and then there are the "other" days. Now, those days are the "normal" days when I feel like growling, literally, and pulling out my hair one by freakin' one...Normal Rockwell, and his 'lovely drawings' are full of crap. Plain and simple, parenting isn't for the faint!

Bev Roozeboom said...

"he pesters just for the sake of pestering"...that's one of our biggest struggles with Kyle, too. No matter what we say, he just can't get past this. I'm not sure if it's even possible. somehow I think that's part of his disability...but boy is it HARD when he's 17 and we keep thinking/saying "he should know better". Very frustrating...esp. when our precious grandkids are visiting!!

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

yikes...sounds like you were having a rough night. I hope that things go better for you today. Hang in there girl! In less than 2 weeks we will be together...drinking diet mt. dew. Miss you friend!