Saturday, December 19, 2009

The tummy bug strikes.

James started feeling queasy yesterday already. He stayed home from getting the groceries with my family to try to feel better before we left for Des Moines...unfortunately, it didn't work. We all decided we didn't want to go without James, so we postponed dinner.

I had to take Caden, Avery and Declan to get their second dose of H1N1 after the groceries. Things went pretty well, thanks to my brother and SIL going with us. We were getting ready to get coats on and Avery starts throwing up - and continues to throw up just standing there. UGH! Total mess, thank goodness I had Chris and Cathy there! We leave from there and head home...

It's at this point that I start feeling queasy. James throws up and then James and I spend a few hours in bed after the 3 little ones go down for nap (Caden helped himself to some yogurt, opened by some scissors, sigh) and I wake up from a snooze to run to the bathroom and throw up. Oh joy!

All the kids are in bed now. James is snoring on the couch. I'm feeling pretty tired so I think it's time to head off for bed. Here's praying we all feel loads better in the morning! Tomorrow night is the kids' Christmas program at church...we shall see how that goes!

4 comments:

Angelica mom to JesusRTS said...

OH NO this is bad the holidays are so near and two sick parents is not a good thing! i hope you all feel better and FAST! take care.:)

Kerri H said...

So sorry..why does all this being sick stuff happen around the holidays! I always start to dread the week before/around Christmas...Logan has had a bad cold since Saturday also..hopefully we all feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. Nicholas just got over the H1N1 flu. It was horrible. I have never seen a baby so sick..

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!