Wednesday, November 05, 2008

In light of yesterday's momentous events in our country...

I thought I would share these lyrics from one of my favorite music groups Casting Crowns. These lyrics smacked me between the eyes this evening, just came flying into my head. America, my prayer is that we are not sleeping.


United States of America
Looks like another silent night
As we're sung to sleep by philosophies
That save the trees and kill the children
And while we're lying in the dark
There's a shout heard 'cross the eastern sky
For the Bridegroom has returned
And has carried His bride away in the night

America, what will we miss while we are sleeping
Will Jesus come again
And leave us slumbering where we lay
America, will we go down in history
As a nation with no room for its King
Will we be sleeping
Will we be sleeping

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good post, Tena! Cling to what we know is true. America is a great nation but we are citizens of the King first and foremost.

Join your BIL and I reading Romans 13. :-)

Michelle said...

love this song. Well actually, I love all their songs! My husband sang this song as a special music for church a few months ago. We just have to remember, God knows what He's doing and we just have to trust Him, even when we don't understand.