Thursday, January 06, 2011

A teacher who believes in your SN child...

is worth more than any gift I've ever been given. Caden's 1st grade teacher this year is nothing short of phenomenal. I literally just hung up the phone from her calling me to tell me about some big successes Caden has had in the classroom. They (the students) were going around in a circle, telling her what sound each letter group made - ir, or, etc. It came to Caden's turn and he had "er". He nailed it. They went around again and he nailed it a second time. No fluke. Came around again and she challenged him with a new one - qu. "Qwah," said my boy!!!! I literally have tears running down my face. She just believes in him so much! She said she just feels so confident he is going to read. I'm so excited about that, too!! I just feel so blessed, so very blessed that God has given us this amazing woman to spend the year with him. He's doing so very well!!

2 comments:

Kerri H said...

I love it! She must be some teacher and you probably want to just keep her forever..we love Logan's teachers now too..they really believe in Logan too..I know he will go a long way...Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it too. Noah's teacher right now is the same way. I feel equally blessed.